Understanding Innovative Potential of Central Europe: The Region’s Economic, Political, and Cultural Environment
Course dates: 13 July – 1 August 2020
Full price: 2 500 EUR (discounts may apply for partner institutions)
Where: Brno, Prague, Vienna, Budapest and Bratislava
Deadline for application: 31 March 2020
Sylabus in PDF: sylabus-summer-school-mendelu_2020.pdf
Successful completion of the course earns 8 ECTS
The course is in English and we recommend language skills to be at least on B1 level based on CEF. Applicants can prove their language level either with a certificate (TOEFL, IELTS or different) or in a phone interview.
The participants of this course will:
- Understand and be able to analyse development in contemporary Central Europe, including Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia, and their relations with both Western and Eastern Europe
- Grasp the theory of relevant academic fields, in particular political science, economy, international relations, sociology and environmental studies
- Take part in unique cultural program and visit four countries: Czech Republic, Hungary, Austria and Slovakia
- Accommodation during the whole program (both in the Czech Republic and on the trips organized as part of the program)
- Food plan for the time in Brno (including breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the university canteen)
- Transportation (for the trips and in Brno)
- Rich extra-curricular and cultural program
- 24/7 assistance and support during the program
- Airport pick-up (from Brno, Prague, or Vienna airports)
The price does NOT include the transportation from your country to the Czech Republic, food plan on the weekend trip, personal expenses, or any other items not listed above.
1. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your CV and a short statement of why you are interested in this summer school. We will confirm the receipt of your email within a 5 working days.
2. Within two weeks, we will contact you back with the decision about acceptance, for applicants from outside of our partner institutions we will organize a short call interview.
3. Once you are accepted into the program, we will provide you with the payment details for the deposit (this will need to be done with the international bank transfer).
4. After your payment of the deposit, we will send you the formal documents about your acceptance, together with the documents needed for visa purposes. Main organizers: Dr. Richard Q. Turcsányi, Dr. Runya Qiaoan (see the syllabus for the full profiles)
Contacts: for any questions about the application or the program in general, please contact the program coordinator: Katerina Konecna (email@example.com)